Sunday, June 10, 2007

For ALL of You From creator of this BLOG

THIS BLOG IS FOR ALL OF YOU
Hello friends. Just returned home. By the way my name is Pavel, the same Pavel who was rapporteur and showed You all trick with candle. I was sitting outside, it was so warm, the sun was so hot, and wind was softly touching the face. But the only thing I could think about was friends I gained at this event…I could think only about You, and also one special person now for me…

I was sitting and wondering what happened during this week with me?
I didn’t fulfil my dream, but I gained something much better, friends that are so great and smart. And other thing was, yes I didn’t fulfil my dream till the end, but I showed myself as I am, and that was is the most important thing. Not what You reached, but what others saw in You. It is as essential to understand that battles are primarily won in the hearts of men – what this sentence written by Paul Brawn shows us? First You have to win fight in Your heart and only then You can fight in life.

How many of us did it? How many of reached what they wanted? How many of us where brave to stand up and say his own thoughts?

I want to say to all of You with whom I was working closely, with whom I were smiling, chatting, sharing, discussing. I want to say to those who helped so much to understand myself, for those who showed me example, for those who were close, for one special girl that let me realise and be myself again…
For all of You I want to say - BIGGEST THANK YOU….
This event gave me a lot, learned me a lot…
And that’s what I want to wish for You - Leaders of future, My friends…

I sincerely wish you will have the experience of thinking up a new idea, planning it, and following it to completion….
….then having it to be magnificently successful.

I also hope you go through the same process and have something fail terribly.

I wish you could know how it feels to run with all your heart...and lose horribly.

I wish that you could achieve some great good for mankind and have nobody know it except you.

I wish you could find something so worthwhile that you deem it worthy of devoting your life.

I hope you become frustrated and dissatisfied enough to begin to push back the very barriers of your own personality limitations.

I hope you make a stupid unethical mistake and get caught red handed...and are big enough to say those magical words - “I was wrong”.

I hope you give so much of yourself that some days you wonder if it’s worth it all.

I wish for you a magnificent obsession that will give you a reason for living and purpose and direction and life.

I wish for you the worst kind of criticism for everything you do...because that makes you fight to achieve beyond what you normally would.

I wish for you the experience of leadership.
Thank You ... Stay in contact, I would like to meet You all in Lisbon and I hope I will have possibility to be there… Don't watch but do…Believe in dreams and fulfill them with hard work…

Every one post hear Your emotions, dreams, what You feel ...
It would be great to know about You all Friends...



pavel.gumennikov@aiesec.lv

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... I could hardly say any comments to this. Wonderful, really wonderful words.

As I see I wasn't the only one who had some inspiration and some changes in personal live, because of the evnt.

Glad to meet you all and missing you so much.

By the way - don't forget to share your photos at http://www.flickr.com/groups/europeanyouthweek/

Katharina said...

Hey guys,

very nice that we found a platform where we can communicate now so that hopefully we don't lose contact... so thanks Pavel for opening it with this more than touching and really emotional words! I guess for me that was one of the things I learned during this week... that it is important to be able to express your emotions. Cause finally that's where it all comes to. Without emotions we wouldn't feel motivated to get active and stand up for what be believe in, we wouldn't start projects just by ourselves only because we believe in them, we wouldn't be interested in other peoples lifes and experiences... we wouldn't feel what we feel now - kind of enriched! It might sound cheesy but I do feel enriched by the people I met, by the different cultures they expressed, by all the stories they told, by all the experiences they shared with me...

At the beginning of our working group we had to write down what we expected from this few days and on my way back to the airport I found this little piece of paper in my bag and read it - and I can say the one thing, that was most important to me became true: I wanted to finally find a group of people, that I really like because they've got something to say and people that share my interests and my beliefs - and I did not only want to belong, but more to fit into this group. And yes - I felt like I fitted into this wunderful and colourful bunch of people on the European Youth Week!

Whatever comes next, I guess these few days all brought us a bit further - and might it just be because of the good feeling we share now and all the good memories that maintain!

And according to Pavels wishes I'd like to add two phrases, a very intelligent woman told me a few months ago when she was my boss and I made an interview with her about her professional career. She said there were two things she would recommend to young people in order to acchieve their aims:

1. To be interested and to be opened for new encounters - you never know, what they might bring.

2. Not to be afraid that you might lose things again one day.

I'm not sure if I will ever be able to fulfill number two, I honestly don't think so, but at least, we all know how to stand up again and how to continue searching for what we want and fight for it!

Well I guess that's enough of my philosophical drivel for today.

So what event was it in Lisboa and when is it? Maybe we could keep each other informed about such things going on!

I wish you all a nice evening - here in Viena the thunders have just started and I'looking out of my window - looking forward to the flashes... I just love thunderstorms!

bye bye, Katharina

Arelis said...

hey houw are you
sorry but i can't write and speak so goed english but I find the idea with the contakt and this website very goed and hope that it is succesvul the event in lisboa is at 17.9.2007 but I don't now shurley wat ther is I have ask my boss ive i can com i hope that i can and i hope too that i see manny peopels from bruxell again
bye bye marius