Monday, June 11, 2007

For us

Titania said...

Hey guys,

very nice that we found a platform where we can communicate now so that hopefully we don't lose contact... so thanks Pavel for opening it with this more than touching and really emotional words! I guess for me that was one of the things I learned during this week... that it is important to be able to express your emotions. Cause finally that's where it all comes to. Without emotions we wouldn't feel motivated to get active and stand up for what be believe in, we wouldn't start projects just by ourselves only because we believe in them, we wouldn't be interested in other peoples lifes and experiences... we wouldn't feel what we feel now - kind of enriched! It might sound cheesy but I do feel enriched by the people I met, by the different cultures they expressed, by all the stories they told, by all the experiences they shared with me...

At the beginning of our working group we had to write down what we expected from this few days and on my way back to the airport I found this little piece of paper in my bag and read it - and I can say the one thing, that was most important to me became true: I wanted to finally find a group of people, that I really like because they've got something to say and people that share my interests and my beliefs - and I did not only want to belong, but more to fit into this group. And yes - I felt like I fitted into this wunderful and colourful bunch of people on the European Youth Week!

Whatever comes next, I guess these few days all brought us a bit further - and might it just be because of the good feeling we share now and all the good memories that maintain!

And according to Pavels wishes I'd like to add two phrases, a very intelligent woman told me a few months ago when she was my boss and I made an interview with her about her professional career. She said there were two things she would recommend to young people in order to acchieve their aims:

1. To be interested and to be opened for new encounters - you never know, what they might bring.

2. Not to be afraid that you might lose things again one day.

I'm not sure if I will ever be able to fulfill number two, I honestly don't think so, but at least, we all know how to stand up again and how to continue searching for what we want and fight for it!

Well I guess that's enough of my philosophical drivel for today.

So what event was it in Lisboa and when is it? Maybe we could keep each other informed about such things going on!

I wish you all a nice evening - here in Viena the thunders have just started and I'looking out of my window - looking forward to the flashes... I just love thunderstorms!

bye bye, Katharina

No comments: